Viburnum tinus 'French White'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Flattened heads of white flowers, opening from rosy-red buds from December to April, followed by dark blue-black fruit. This dependable, evergreen shrub is both faster growing than other varieties and has larger leaves. Flourishing in sun or partial shade, the shiny, dark green foliage provides a dense backdrop against which ornamental plants can easily be seen.
- Garden care: Remove any over-vigorous shoots that threaten the shape of established specimens in early summer, cutting them well back to within the plant's outline.