Ugni molinae 'Ka-Pow' (PBR)
Chilean guava Ka-Pow
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Chilean Guava is an attractive evergreen shrub that will make an unusual addition to the kitchen garden. In spring the branches are laden with nodding, lightly scented pink flowers, which are followed by aromatic rounded fruits that have a pear-like texture and a deliciously sweet flavour.
- Garden care: Plant in a sheltered border and provide protection from cold winds in winter. In early spring remove dead or badly-placed branches.