Ranunculus 'Purple Heart'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wonderfully dramatic, the sumptuous colouring of this ranunculus will make a sublime partner for rich purples, softer pinks and fresh greens. Pretty impressive in pots or the early summer border, they also make quite long-lived additions to the vase, so I would plant more than you think you will need so you will have plenty left over for cutting.
- Garden care: Plant the tallon-like corms in autumn or spring 8cm deep and a similar distance apart with their 'fingers' facing downwards.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs