Pulmonaria saccharata 'Mrs Moon'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to May
- Flower colour: bluish-lilac
- Other features: marbled, hairy leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This handsome Jerusalem sage produces bluish-lilac flowers from late winter to late spring. Considered one of the best pulmonarias for foliage, the mid-green leaves are marbled and hairy to touch. An excellent groundcover plant for moist, shady spots, it looks great at the front of the border or for edging paths.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every three to five years after flowering or in autumn. Cut back plants affected by mildew to the ground, water and feed - the plant will regenerate and produce new leaves later in the year.