Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to May
- Flower colour: blue-violet
- Other features: dark green, unspotted leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Delightful, large blue-violet flowers borne in spring above unspotted, dark green foliage. An excellent groundcover plant for a shady spot. Choose a place where the soil retains moisture over the summer and where the bright flowers can be fully appreciated.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every three to five years after flowering or in autumn. Cut back plants affected by mildew to the ground, water and feed - the plant will regenerate and produce new leaves later in the year.