- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, reliably moist soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
One of the hardier forms, it is suitable for naturalising in milder climates, and may retain its foliage throughout the winter. It is however for its pure white flowers, which are produced in succession from late spring, that it is most highly prized.
- Garden care: Plant the tubers 7-10cm deep and 30cm apart into rich soil or good quality potting compost. Water sparingly until new shoots start to emerge and then start to water more regularly. Apply a deep mulch in autumn.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant