Rosmarinus officinalis - 6 pack
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: purple blue
- Other features: leaves may be used to flavour lamb, pork and roasted vegetables
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
Upright spikes of aromatic, dark green leaves topped with purple blue flowers, from mid spring to early summer. This compact form of rosemary makes a fabulous, low, evergreen, flowering hedge for a sunny, well-drained site. It may be clipped into shape, retaining the young leaves for flavouring roasted vegetables, lamb and pork.
- Garden care: To ensure a plentiful supply of young, succulent leaves for culinary use gather the leaves regularly and prune each spring.