Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst White'
- Position: full or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: white-spotted leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Delicate, pure-white, funnel-shaped flowers in early spring and white-spotted, bright-green leaves. This dainty pulmonaria is perfect for shady areas. One of the first to flower, it looks lovely alongside miniature daffodils. Best in a soil that remains moist over summer, since mildew can take hold if the roots dry out.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every three to five years after flowering or in autumn. Cut back plants affected by mildew to the ground, water and feed - the plant will regenerate and produce new leaves later in the year.