Lonicera 'Celestial' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period:July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The twining stems of this new honeysuckle are laden with clusters of orange-pink flowers, which really stand out againste the rich green foliage from midsummer to early summer. It's compact, so good for pots, but the breeders claim that it shows a better resistance to disease than many of the old favourites (which often succumb to mildew), really makes it stand out from the crowd.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.