scented Chinese jasmine
The photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price, however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95) during the order process.
- Position: bright filtered light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: late winter to spring
- Hardiness: tender (will need winter protection)
- Current Height: approximately 40cm (including pot)
This twining climber is much sought after for is heavenly scented flowers, white flowers, which appear en-masse in late winter and spring. It makes an excellent conservatory where it can be used to clothe an unsightly wall. This one has already been trained onto a bamboo cane, but if given something larger to scramble onto (such as a taller wigwam of canes or a trellis panel), it will soon start to cover it.
- Garden care: Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter, and if you wish, you can move it to a sunny patio with shade from midday sun during the summer. Feed every two weeks during the growing season with a balanced liquid fertiliser. Prune to fit the growing frame in late winter or early spring.