Hydrangea macrophylla 'Tivoli Pink'
hydrangea with pink flowers
- Position: bright, filtered light and afterwards in the garden in full sun or partial shade
- Soil: good potting compost, or outdoors in moist, well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: mainly summer
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Current height: approximately 35cm (including pot)
There is something really fresh about the colouring of this hydrangeas flowers. They emerge from bud chartreusse, but as they develop, they take on pink tones, which become more pronounced over time. This looks like a generous gift for the money, and is perfect for gardeners, as it can be planted outside in the garden when it has finished flowering.
- Garden care: Keep well watered and feed with a balanced liquid fertiliser at regular intervals. If you plant it outside, leave the old flower heads in place through the winter. As the new shoots start to emerge in spring cut back a third to a quarter of the previous seasons flowering stems to the base and cut back the remaining flower heads to the first pair of buds.