Hibiscus moscheutos Carousel® Jolly Heart ('Tahi56') (PBR)
- Position:full sun
- Soil: Moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist but well- drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth:fast growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Known as the Swamp Rose Mallow, this intriging bushy perennial has large white funnel shaped flowers, with a vivid deep raspberry pink centre which contrast beautifully against the dark purple foliage. But even without these gorgeous blooms it is worth growing for the deeply lobed, stunning leaves which emerge green, maturing to a lushious purple colour, but they do need full sun to develop the colour fully.
- Garden care: Grow in a sheltered spot in full sun with a humus-rich moist soil, these plants don't like to dry out. It could happily be grown in a container as long as you keep it well watered. Protect the crown with a dry mulch through the winter months.