Hakonechloa macra Sunflare ('HABsf1007') (PBR)
- Position: prefers a cool, moist environment in sun or part shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow, non-invasive
- Flowering period: August - September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost into the planting hold. Leave flower heads to dry out through the winter, adding valuable texture to plantings. Apply a light mulch (3cm) of well-rotted garden compost after cutting back old foliage and before new growth emerges in spring.