Geranium × oxonianum 'Miss Heidi' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Recently introduced by the renowned family-owned breeders Benary, 'Miss Heidi' is a vigorous and long flowering cranesbill, which true to its namesake (the wife of one of the original breeders) has an energetic and endearing personality. It has attractively marked, deeply divided foliage that forms a loose, weed-smothering mound, but it's the masses of small pink flowers, which appear more or less continuously from late spring to mid-autumn that it is most highly prized. A healthy and robust hardy geranium, it copes in almost any soil and once established will require very little maintenance. It will look great spilling over the edges of a path or pot, or filling gaps at the front of the border.
- Garden care:From late spring to midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded by cutting them back and they will soon put on new growth and be back in boom again. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.