Euonymus fortunei Dan's Delight ('Dandel') (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This tough, low-growing evergreen will make a great addition to a patio pot, but it can also be used to add splashes of colour at the front of the border. Grown for its colourful foliage, which is an eye-catching blend of grey-green and creamy white, it will offer a fresh, bright feel to areas of partial shade, particularly if planted en-masse.
- Garden care: Tip prune young plants in mid to late spring to encourage bushy growth and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant. Remove any plain green-leaved shoots as soon as they appear, cutting them back to the original branch.
- Harmful if eaten