Dracaena fragrans (Deremensis Group) 'Lemon Lime'
- Position: prefers light shade, but close to a window
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
This is an undemanding houseplant, with colourful foliage that is a mixture of green, cream and lime stripes. As it grows, it forms a tree-like stem with the foliage on top, and as it matures it will usually start to form sideshoots. A good choice if you are looking for something that will eventually get quite tall, without taking up too much floorspace.
- Home care: Water well in the growing season, but less so in winter. Misting the leaves with water will help keep the humidity levels high, as well as keeping the leaves dust-free. Repot in spring every couple of years and keep temperatures above 10°C in winter.