Cordyline 'Jive' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection in colder areas)
The green leaves of this robust new form are variously striped with yellow along their length, which creates an almost luminous effect. This plant will really stand out against a plain green backdrop, so you could use it as a focal point or feature. It has a wonderful shape and as the foliage is retained throughout the year, it not only offers colour but form too - even in the depths of winter.
- Garden care: In colder regions move potted plants to a sheltered spot in winter, or cover border plants with frost fleece when the temperatures drop. In spring, when new growth appears and all danger of hard frosts has passed, cut back frost-damaged branches to just above the newly formed shoots.