Clematis Wonderful ('Zo09073') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This new clematis will usually flower non-stop from midsummer to the end of autumn, and as the flowers are pretty prolific, it puts on a really spectacular display. The flowers themselves are a rich reddish pink, are slightly nodding on the stem, and can grow up to 7cm across. A viticella type, it also shows good resistance to wilt, and it will work really well in both borders and pots.
- Garden care: Cut back stems to a pair of strong buds 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level before growth begins in early spring. Mulch in late winter with garden compost or well-rotted manure but avoid the immediate crown.