Clematis 'Taiga' (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The double flowers of this late-blooming clematis are incredibly showy, as many of the purple petals have a greeninsh cream tip.These flowers appear in abundance in midsummer, and usually continue well into the autumn. It's relatively compact, so is ideal for larger pots that have been topped with an obelisk.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.