Clematis Sea Breeze ('Zo09063') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is one of our new clematis, and we thought its gorgeous, slightly nodding blue flowers, which appear over a really long period from midsummer, made it a worthy of a place in our range. It wont get too big, so is great in smaller gardens and large patio pots, and like most viticella clematis it also shows good resistance to the dreaded wilt.
- Garden care: Cut back stems to a pair of strong buds 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level before growth begins in early spring. Mulch in late winter with garden compost or well-rotted manure but avoid the immediate crown.