Clematis 'Prince George'
clematis (group 3)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This brand new Clematis will produce an abundance of blooms for several months from midsummer. Each flower has a boss of golden stamens, which are surrounded by somewhat ruffled, pure white petals. A vigorous grower that is easy to look after, it will reach up to 2m tall and is ideal for training onto an obelisk or pergola.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.