clematis (group 2)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A new compact cultivar, which is a sport of the ever-popular 'Lasurstern’. It is very free-flowering, and its blooms can grow up to around 15cm across, so it's very impressive addition to the garden in early summer. After their initial flush, the flowers usually put on a repeat performance in late summer, so it really does give a lot of 'bang for the buck'. Because its compact, it is ideal for larger patio pots, but it also teams well with smaller climbing roses in the border.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.