Buddleja davidii 'Wisteria Lane' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The honey-scented flowers of this new (and still quite rare) butterfly bush are really long (up to 50cm), and they are pendent, so hang wisteria-like from the branches. A relatively compact form, it can be grown in a large patio pot, but it also looks great (and will help attract loads of butterflies) in a mixed border or when used to create an informal screen.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.