Astilbe Short 'n' Sweet ('Whiteberry') (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of Growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: August and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Recently introduced Happiest in reliably moist soils, it works well at the edges of a pond or bog garden.
- Garden care: Ensure that newly planted astilbes are kept well watered until they are established. Lift and divide large clumps every three or four years in late winter or early spring, discarding ol, woody rhizomes.